Custom GlassesRPO creates Custom IR glass compositions with tuned optical and thermal properties.
- Custom glasses can be created out of almost any combination of Ge, As, Se, S, and Te, providing a wide range of design space for optical designers
- RPO works with customer needs to design a glass composition that fits their application rather than being constrained to the standard Classic compositions.
- RPO manufacturers Classic Chalcogenide glasses available as standard products or base materials to enable vertically-integrated manufacturing of IR optical products.
- Proud U.S. Manufacturing, production of RPO Classic Chalcogenide glasses takes place at the manufacturing facility in the Rochester-NY region.
- Classic glasses serve as drop-in replacements for the equivalent IR glasses commonly found in the optics industry.
- Classic glasses have a range of refractive indexes, but all transmit excellently in the SWIR, mid- and long-wave IR bands
- Classic 1, RPO's sulfide glass, has extended transmission into the visible region, providing an attractive solution for applications which require visible alignment.
- Classic glasses are all moldable, allowing customers to achieve