Rochester Precision Optics is proud that our Quality Management System complies with and is registered to ISO 9001:2008.
From quote to delivery, EVERYONE at RPO is focused on customer service, quality and continual improvement. This culture is embodied in the four points of our quality policy:
- producing Quality products
- that represent exceptional value
- and are delivered on time
- while striving to continuously improve our products, processes and people
Our Quality Management System touches all aspects of design and manufacturing at RPO including:
- An electronic document control system which includes:
- Customer and RPO drawings and specifications
- Work instructions covering design processes, set ups, manufacturing details, purchasing and sales processes, inspection and testing details and more
- Standard operating procedures which define key internal processes
- Calibration, first article, maintenance, inspection, purchasing, sales, design, training, manufacturing records and more
- Extensive quality and reporting systems that track scrap, on-time delivery and a variety of other important metrics
- Traceability of materials and products
- Internal Audits and Management Review to ensure ISO conformance and effectiveness of all our processes
- Documented, web based, Corrective and Preventive Action (CAPA) process to drive continual improvement
- Kaizen, Lean manufacturing and 5S methodology throughout the organization
- Robust design and prototyping processes ensuring efficient design and production of high quality products and services
- State-of-the-Art metrology including: Zeiss Micura CMM, OGP Smart scope, Keyence Vision system, Zygo interferometers, Mitutoyo 3D profilometer, 3D printing, etc.
- Environmental test capabilities including Thermal Cycling, Humidity, Salt Fog, Immersion, Salt and Water solubility, Adhesion and Abrasion of optical coatings
- First Article submissions to AS9102, etc.
- Inspection processes including, first piece, in-process, final and receiving
- Statistical process Control (SPC) implementation for critical processes